Friday, November 9, 2018

Thankful Series - Day 9

It is so easy to lose sight of the things we are truly thankful for because we can become so busy in life.  Today I will be reflecting on my very first best friends.  They may have not seemed like my best friends when we were growing up, because we fussed a lot, but they are and I love them so much.  It does not matter how annoying siblings can be, they are that friend you can never get rid of, and they love you no matter how crazy you are.  So, today we will reflect on being thankful for our siblings.



I'm thankful for my siblings because...


Growing up my mama would always tell my sisters and me that we need to stick together.  Back then it went in one ear and out the other, most of the time.  You see I am the oldest child so all my siblings got on my nerves.  I loved them, but they got on my nerves.  I was always getting in trouble for something they did, I had to take them with me when I went places, I was responsible for them.  I did not appreciate it then, but I'm so thankful for it now.

I'm thankful for my siblings because they taught me how to put the needs of others before my own. When I need someone to laugh at my corny-ness I know they will.  They get me!
I have a total of five siblings; I can call each of them for different things.  I talk to some daily and some I don't, but I know if I ever need them they will be there, and for that I am thankful.

I gained three more siblings almost 11 years ago, and I love them just like they lived with me my whole life.  We fuss like siblings and love like it too.  I am thankful for them!





I don't care what your relationship with your siblings is like, let them know that you love them.  They were your first best friend.  It is because of them you have learned how to be a friend and maybe even what to look for in a good friend.

1 John 4:20,  "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?"


Do you have siblings?  If so, why are you thankful for them?  You should call each one of them, if you can and tell them at least one reason why you are thankful for them.



Thank you for stopping by today!  I appreciate each and everyone of you!  May you and your siblings be blessed!















1 comment:

  1. "Do you have siblings? If so, why are you thankful for them? You should call each one of them, if you can and tell them at least one reason why you are thankful for them."

    What a great call to action!! My older sister was killed in a boating accident and one would think that this would always remind me to be thankful for my other siblings but somehow I still forget to tell not only them but also myself.

    ReplyDelete