Thursday, May 10, 2018

Kayla Jarmon an author writing from a Christian worldview - Book Review

Most of you know that our family loves to read, well most of us do, and the ones that don't like to read they love to listen to me read.  However, finding kid-friendly books is getting as hard as finding kid-friendly movies.   Kayla Jarmon writes stories from a Christian worldview so we were happy to read and give our honest review of three of her books, A Boy and His Dog, Dying is Part of This World, and Don't Forget Me.







Who is Kayla Jarmon?

Kayla Jarmon is a wife, mother, grandmother, friend, and author. She writes her stories from a Christian worldview.

Discussion Book Series and A Boy and His Dog by Kayla Jarmon


What we Received

We received three electronic books, A Boy and His Dog, Dying is Part of This World, and Don't Forget Me from Kayla Jarmon.

Book Descriptions

A Boy and His Dog

 This is a cute little story about a boy and his dog and their daily adventure.  They wake up together and spend the entire day together and even listened to their bedtime story together and then go to sleep together.  





Don't Forget Me

This is the first book in Kayla's Discussion Book Series.  This is a great book about the process of a baby being conceive until the baby is born.  God speaks to the baby throughout the process and comforts the baby all the while telling the baby not to forget Him.




Dying is Part of This World

This is the second book in Kayla's Discussion Book Series.  This book is about a little girl who asks her mom about death because she has become sad thinking about it.  It gently, with no fluff talks about death.  It discusses people going to heaven and hell and how Jesus conquered death and the grave.








Our thoughts

There is a saying that dogs are a man's best friend well the story A Boy and His Dog show the strong friendship between a boy and his dog.  Their adventures together were sweet and cute.  I think this book would be great for kids 0-7 years old.  I read it aloud to my kids, ages 9-15 as they were eating breakfast.  It was a very quick read and a sweet little story.  I loved how they spent the entire day together without getting into trouble or mischief.
My son age 9 said, "I liked how the boy tried to teach the dog how to climb a tree and when he couldn't he just sat there and watched the boy climb it.  They had a lot of fun together"



I absolutely loved Don't Forget Me!  I read it aloud to my children and we then discussed how wonderful God's creation is.  This story is great if you want to give your child a soft introduction to the process of a baby up until they are born.  I love the way it emphasized how God had a relationship with us even before we were born.  It gave me chill bumps when he continually told the baby don't forget about me and the baby said, "I will not.  How can I?"  This was a great discussion for our family on how we can feel so close to him but once we enter the world there are so many other voices so we have to always remember He is our creator and will always be here, but we have to want Him.  We talked about how the baby went to God about everything and trusted everything the Lord said because that was all he knew.  God wants us to continue that same faith as we grow up! I think this book would be a great read for all ages!
My 12-year-old son said, "I like how they made the baby seem like he was actually with God which technically he is because God knew him before he was even formed.  The baby was smart because he kept turning to God when he needed something and he always told God he would never forget him.  I think that story could be read by anyone and it could help those who don't have faith."



Dying is Part of This World is another good one.  It has 7 chapters and at the end of each chapter, there are discussion questions provided for the reader.  I love the way it discusses death in different sections.  It is natural for kids and adults to think that if I die I will miss my family here and want to be with them.  The example she gives is that just like we wouldn't want to be back in our mother's womb we wouldn't want to be back here in this sin-filled world.  When most people talk about death they only discuss going to heaven, however, hell is real and sadly folks are going, so I love the fact that she did discuss hell as well.  I think this book is good for kids of all ages because even though it does talk about death it does it in a gentle way.  
My 11-year-old daughter said, "The book was amazing, I loved it and enjoyed how it talked about God and how her mom had so much wisdom to share with her daughter about dying and going to either heaven or hell."






Where can you order?

You can order all three of these books for Kayla Jarmon's website.



Be sure to check out what other moms have to say about the three books by Kayla Jarmon that we were blessed to review.


Discussion Book Series and A Boy and His Dog {Kayla Jarmon Reviews}





Crew Disclaimer


No comments:

Post a Comment