Thursday, April 18, 2019

Teen Talk with Kaela - Stay True to You

Kaela's Corner


Hey, y'all! It's Kaela and I'm back with another post.   This one, in particular, has been something I've been wanting to talk about but wasn't quite sure how to put it. This is really great for teens so if you have any I'm sure they'll enjoy it wholeheartedly.



I've been a teenager for quite some while now and one of the biggest issues I see plaguing our age group is individuality. We get so caught up in the lives of other people and their lifestyles that we try to adapt and sort of become like chameleons to who they are and what they do. A lot of it has to do with us being at such a tender age and we don't yet have a proper grasp of who we are and what we're made for. Now don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with getting inspiration from somebody but it becomes a problem when you try stealing that person's life because then you spring forth jealousy and in the end, you'll only end up hurting yourself and possibly the person who you're mimicking, especially if they are friends or acquaintances of yours. We were all created as unique individuals and that's what makes each of us special. God gave us our own personalities, gifts, and talents. Maybe you have a quirky sense of humor like myself and laugh at everything or maybe you're a little more serious like one of my friends and don't find kids throwing up jellybeans funny (that never happened but if it did I would die of laughter). And that's ok! Who said we have to operate like the person next to us or that we have to have everything in common? No one, in fact, a lot of my strongest friendships are built on the opposite attractions. As long as your kind people will like you. I'm here to tell you as long as you stay true to who God has made you then you will be accepted and loved. 

Thanks for joining me this week for another Kaela's Corner session.  See y'all next week!

1 comment: