Friday, April 20, 2018

Turn - Five Minute Friday

It is that time of the week again.  You know the time when I bring you Five minutes of goodness. Yes, it is Five Minute Friday!   Our word for this week is TURN.




 This has been an extremely long week for our family.   My oldest daughter hurt her knee on Tuesday morning so we had to take her to the ER.  After looking over the Xray, they determined it was too swollen to see it well, but they suspect nothing was broken.  We were told to take her home, have her elevate her knee, ice it, and take pain medicine when needed.  She was put in a knee immobilizer and given some crutches.  Wednesday we followed up with her pediatrician she moved the knee around and then ordered an MRI so they could get more detail.  We got a phone call an hour later saying the MRI was scheduled for 5:30 that evening.  My daughter was nervous because she does not like doctors or hospitals.  After explaining the procedure and reassuring her we would be there she calmed down some.  Later that evening we went to have the MRI done.  We arrived at 4:40 and by 6:00 we had not been seen yet so we I went to the front desk to reschedule for the following morning at 7:30.  When we got in the car my daughter started complaining that her knee was hurting pretty bad and before we could even make it home, about a 20-minute drive, she was in so much pain she was in tears and my husband had to carry her out the car.  We put her on the bed, elevated her knee, had her take an ibuprofen, and iced her knee.  Her entire leg was swollen!  I called the after hour nurse and was told it was due to her leg not being elevated during the doctor appointments.  So basically, we overdid it.   By the end of the night some of the swelling went down and he the pain subsided.  Thursday we went to have the MRI done we were in and out in no time.  Her doctor called that evening and said the MRI showed no tears but she believes my daughter had an acute dislocation.  So she is now being referred to an orthopedic, has to do some physical therapy, and is still on bedrest.  It seemed that every time we turned around it was one thing after the other and on top of that we had to put our car in the shop, again!  I was feeling a bit discourage and thinking why is that every time we turn around if it's not one thing it's another.  Then I saw this week's word is turn and immediately I felt comfort as I thought of what that word meant to me at this moment and the encouragement I  felt came from the Word.  "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help.  My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."  Ps. 121:1-2


So I was quickly reminded to turn to the Lord when I need help and this week boy did I need help.

As always thank you, Kate, for hosting the "Five Minute Friday

2 comments: